Fountain Hill was one of 16 cities and counties presented awards totaling more than $3 million by Gov. Asa Hutchinson at a ceremony Oct. 18 at the State Capitol.
The City of Fountain Hill received a $200,000 grant for wastewater treatment plant and lift station improvements.
The funds originate from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development through the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) State Program for Small Cities and are administered by the Arkansas Economic Development Commission (AEDC) Grants Division.
To be eligible for CDBG funds, communities must have a population of less than 50,000 and at least 51 percent of the persons benefitting from the project must be of low- to moderate-income.
The other projects awarded include:
• Bald Knob, $200,000, wastewater plant upgrades
• Holly Grove, $200,000, ditch and drainage improvements
• Cleveland County, $200,000, childcare center expansion
• Hot Spring County, $200,000, expansion of Hot Spring County health facility
• Cleburne County, $100,000, senior center roof replacement in Heber Springs
• Marshall, $200,000, sidewalk improvements and jail museum restoration
• Independence County, $200,000, construction of preschool center at Southside School
• Mammoth Spring, $200,000, water line extension and booster pump installation
• Randolph County, $200,000, construction of new health unit in Pocahontas
• Hardy, $200,000, water tank rehabilitation
• Datto, $200,000, wastewater improvements
• Crittenden County, $197,950, library construction in Earle
• Columbia County, $101,467, water tank rehabilitation
• Howard County, $199,200, water line replacement
• Hatfield, $100,000, bridge replacement on Buddy Bean Drive
For more information about the AEDC Grants Division or the CDBG grant program, visit www.arkansasedc.com/grants or call 501-682-7682.